When someone loses their mother it will be a devastating time for them. The connection between a daughter or son and their mother is like nothing else. When I lost my mother it was like my world had fallen apart.
Attempting to come up with the right words to express your condolences for those going through such a hard time and make sure you reflect the suffering they are feeling is an near impossible task. When I’ve had to offer my sympathy and condolences to friends or family have who have lost their mother I have really struggled with what to say.
So I hope the examples of words of sympathy for loss of a mother below will be the first step to helping you write a sympathy card message for the bereaved. You can choose to use them as they are or as inspiration to write your own personal version.
Sympathy Messages for Loss of Mother
These words for someone who lost their mother can be used in a sympathy card, letter, email or even said in person. So reach out and send them your condolences for the loss of a mother and express your sympathy when they need it most.
- I am sorry you had to lose someone so important and special in your life. I’ll be praying for you and the rest of your family
- Moms are special people, especially ones like yours. From the time I spent with her, I could tell she was an amazing lady
- Good mothers hold a special place in their hearts for their children and most children hold a special place in their hearts for their mothers. I’m sorry for the hole that you have now
- Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. From what I heard, she was a great woman to be admired. I’ll be thinking about you in the coming days and saying a prayer for you now and then
- Your mother was the type of person who inspired integrity in those around her; she encouraged others to be the best people they could be. That’s reflected in your life
- May these words comfort you on the loss of your mother. I will always remember her sweet smile and beautiful nature. May God keep you in his embrace at this difficult time
- Extending my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother and praying that your faith will give you strength in this sad time
- A mom is someone who cares deeply and always, whether you have just scraped your knee or found out about a terminal illness
- Your mom was a very special lady and loved by everyone who knew her. Please know that we share in your grief and extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family
- From what I have heard you talk about your mother, it sounds like she was a great woman. She did an excellent job raising you. I am sorry for your loss
- Moms keep us alive when we are helpless babies, so it’s our responsibility to keep mothers alive in our minds after they pass
- There’s a special place in all of our hearts for our mothers, just like there’s a special place in every mother’s heart for her children. You must continue to carry her memory in that special place in your heart. I am sincerely sorry for the loss of your mother
- Moms are important and special people. I am sorry for the loss of such a valuable person in your life. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time
- Your mother was the kindest and gentlest woman I have ever met. I feel so fortunate to have known her and extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family
- Even though moms are the quickest people to give love to children, they are also the people who their children need love from the most
- Your mother was one of the warmest and most caring people I have had the pleasure of knowing. I am sorry for your great loss
- The heart that your mother had for others is a rare gift to the many people who had the privilege to know her and be blessed by her. Please accept my condolences
- May you find peace and comfort in knowing that your grief is shared by so many. Your mom will be sorely missed. God bless you and your wonderful family
- Most people only have one mom, and that is why moms are so special. I’m sorry for your great loss
- I admire the life that your mom lived, and I can only hope that I can have as strong of a finish to my life as she did
- No one can replace your mom, but God can comfort your heart. He knows what you need during this time much better than anyone else
Condolence Messages for Death of Friends Mother
When a friend lose their mom it’s important to be there for them. So use these words of condolence for loss of mother to show your support for a friend and let them know you’re thinking of them.
- I can’t even start to understand how hard this must be for you. But as your friend I will be there will love and support at any time to help you through. I’m so sorry
- Your mom was such a special person and I feel lucky to have known her. I will treasure those memories and remember what a wonderful woman she was. My condolences
- May the loving memories of your mother help to ease your suffering. Saying goodbye to someone as important as your mother is always going to be terrible but I hope the strength we all know you have will help you to get through the worst of it. May her memory always be with you
- My heart breaks and goes out to you during this time of grief. I will be there for you whatever you need. Whether it’s someone to listen or cry with, a friendly face to talk to or just a phone call to check in and see everything is ok, I’m going to be here supporting you every step of the way
- Please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your whole family. May the love you have be a support to each other and the beloved memories you can look back on of your mom provide some comfort. You will be in my thoughts
- I can only offer my most heartfelt condolences after a truly tragic loss. Your mother was someone I looked up to you and her passing has been such a shock. I hope you can find some comfort amongst the darkness, and remember your friends are always there for you
- Whilst I want to offer my condolences and say how sorry I am for your loss I know that my words mean so little. They cannot bring back your mom or stop your grief. But I will do all I can to support you and your family as you find your way through the pain of losing your mother
- In such a time of sorrow I am at a loss for words. I have known you and your mom for so long I can’t quite believe she is really gone. May her warm spirit live on in us forever and her memory never be forgotten. All my sympathy and love
Condolences Messages for loss of Mother to a Colleague
It can be difficult to know what to say when a colleague loses someone. So hopefully these example condolences for the loss of a mother will help you to offer a coworker your sympathy in such a difficult time.
- Everyone at work was so sorry to learn of your mothers death. Please take all the time you need and don’t worry about work at all – we will cover any deadlines you have coming up and make sure everting isn’t taken care of. Our deepest condolences and we look forward to seeing you back in the office when you feel ready
- I know we weren’t that close but I wanted to reach out and extend my sympathy for your loss. To lose someone like your mother is so very hard and I hope you are coping. My condolences
- You have always offered me such guidance and kindness since I started working with you. So when I learnt of your mothers passing I was so upset. I can only hope you are getting by and supported by your loved ones and friends. I know everyone at work feels the same. You are in our thoughts
- I want to take this opportunity to express my sympathy and condolences for your loss. I hope you can find some cherished memories to hold on to and remember all those amazing times. Please know you will remain in my thoughts and prayers
- I was lucky to have met your mother and know just how important she was to you. In what must be one of the hardest moments of your life I hope you can accept my condolences. I am always here for you
- Everyone at the office wanted to send a note to say how shocked and saddened we were to hear of your loss. We know these words may mean very little but we are all thinking of you. Stay strong and know that you have all of our support
- You have always been the kindest and most courteous colleague of mine and I am deeply sorry that you are having to go through this. To lose anyone is terrible but when it’s your mother it is unlike anything else. You are loved and you are in my thoughts
- Knowing what yo say after such a loss is hard. I know there is nothing that can make any real difference. But I wish to offer my deepest condolences, and that your mothers memory lives in in the wonderful memories you have
Religious Condolence For Loss of Mother
Sometimes those grieving or mourning prefer a faith based message. Especially if their mother or the family was very religious. So use these religious sympathy quotes for the loss of a mother to offer your sympathy in a respectful way.
- May God bring you peace and some comfort that you so need in this terrible time and keep you in His embrace as you grieve your lost mother. My condolences
- We will be praying for you and your mother. May your faith in God bring you some peace amongst the pain. All our sympathy
- Whilst the pain of losing your mother can be like nothing else please know that God will be with you. He will always love and care for you, and be there to turn to when you need the most support and comfort. May your mother rest in peace
- I’m so very sorry for your loss. May God grant her eternal rest and peace for her soul. And may He look after you and your family bad you mourn losing someone so special. My sincere condolences
- Through prayer I will presenter your mother and hope you find the strength to get through such a testing time. Your mother will always be looking down on you from heaven candy watching over to keep you safe
- I hope your faith and the knowledge that God is always with you will help to ease the pain they losing your mother brings. Find strength in His love and teachings and remember just how special your mom was. May she rest in peace
- Though nothing could ever make up for losing your dear mother I will be praying that you are looked after and helped through the shock of her passing. May God always be there for you when you need Him most.
Sympathy Messages for a Relative Who Lost a Mother
- I am so deeply sorry for your loss. Please know that your mother will always be remembered with love and admiration.
- Your mothers legacy will live on through you all. She was a truly amazing woman. I’m very sorry she is gone.
- Your mother was an incredible woman. I feel very blessed to have known her. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.
- Your mother’s memory will never be forgotten. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- I hope you can take comfort from knowing that your mothers love and guidance will always be with you. My condolences.
Condolences for an Employee or Client Who Lost a Mother
- We are saddened to learn of your loss and want you to know you have our full support.
- Please accept the condolences from all of us at [company]. We are extremely sorry for your loss.
- I understand you may need some time after losing your mother and wanted to say you have you my support. My sincerest sympathy for a tragic loss.
- Our relationship may only be professional but I still wanted to say how sorry I was to hear of your mothers passing.
- Sending our thoughts and prayers to you as you mourn your mother. May her memory be a blessing.
Words of Sympathy for the Loss of a Mother in Law
- Losing a mother-in-law is just like losing a parent. So we understand how hard this must be. Please accept our deepest sympathy.
- Your mother-in-law will be missed by so many of us. She was a wonderful friend and I’m so sorry she is gone.
- My deepest sympathy for the loss of your mother in law. I’m always by your side if there’s anything you need.
- I was lucky enough to know your mother in law well and she was such a special woman. I know how sad I am she is gone and so understand you must be hurting so much. My condolences.
- Sending sympathy and love for the loss of your mother in law. Her memory will be with you forever.
Words of Sympathy for the Loss of a Mother and Wife
- To lose someone so important to your family is a terrible tragedy. I wish I could do more than just express my deepest sympathy.
- Your wife was an amazing mother and incredible person. She will never be forgotten.
- The mother of your children and partner will live on forever in your hearts. She was beyond special and her presence touched us all.
- Your wife was beloved by everyone and no one had a bad word to say about her. She will be missed dearly.
- I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your wife and mother of your children. Her memory will survive through you and your family.
Words of Sympathy for the Loss of a Mother and Grandmother
- Your mother and the grandmother she became was such a wonderful lady. She was always there for anyone who needed it with kindness and care. She will be missed.
- Your mothers spirit and joy for life was infectious. My condolences for your loss.
- I know how close you were to your mother and how much your kids will miss their grandmother. If you need me for anything I will be there for you.
- The loss of a mother and grandmother is heartbreaking but I hope the loving memories you have of her will provide some comfort.
- May your mother rest in peace and her legacy live on through you and your family.
Sympathy Messages for the Loss of a Step Mother
- A stepmother might not be a biological parent but that doesn’t stop them from being just as important. My sympathy for your loss.
- I know how much of an impact your step mother had on your life. I know that everything she did will always be with you and her memory serve as a reminder of the amazing woman she was.
- Family is more than simply blood – it’s love. I am deeply sorry your step mother has passed.
- I can’t begin to understand how hard it is to lose your step mother. She was there when you needed her the most. You have my most heartfelt sympathy.
- Please accept my deepest sympathy for the loss of your stepmother. I am here for you whatever you may need.
How to Sign a Sympathy Card for the Loss of a Mother
If you’re not sure how to sign your sympathy card then these examples will give you some ideas:
- With warm thoughts and prayers
- With loving sympathy.
- You are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow
- With loving memories
- We will never forget [name].
How to Support Someone Who Has Lost their Mother
- Be there for them and make it clear you are available with any support they need or just someone to listen.
- If you can then offer to help with practical tasks that will help them have time to grieve or arrange the funeral. It could be anything from running errands for them, cooking meals or bringing over food you’ve cooked through to picking up and taking their children to school. Whatever you can do will be greatly appreciated.
- Check in with them regularly. Grief doesn’t stop within a few days or weeks of the loss. Someone grieving needs as much support as possible over a long period. So let them know that you are there for them and keep checking back in.
Losing someone you thought would always be there for you, that person you turned to for comfort and support in your toughest moments – it’s one of the hardest periods of anyone’s life. And the overwhelmingly feeling will be of grief and loss.
Trying to navigate between being utterly respectful but also try to console them in the best way you can. It’s understandable to be concerned you might offend them or just not get the tone right and capture the severity and grief they’re experiencing.
So hopefully these condolence messages for the loss of a mother have helped you to offer some encouraging words for someone who lost their mom. At such a terrible and heartbreaking time for the family knowing friends and loved ones are thinking of them can offer a little comfort amongst the grief.