The loss of a grandmother is heartbreaking. Losing someone so special to you, like your grandma, is incredibly difficult.
Grandmothers so often become really important parts of our lives. We form a bond and connection that is different to others.
They offer wisdom, experience and are easy to talk to when times are tough.
Their warmth and kindness is comforting and you can turn to a grandmother almost like she’s your own mother. In some cases they have taken on that role.
So when we lose our grandmother it’s a massive blow. The pain of that loss is felt deeply.
So whether it’s you’re own grandmother you’re mourning the loss of, or looking to offer some words of sympathy for the loss of a grandmother that a friend/acquaintance may have experienced – these condolence messages will let you express your sorrow and grief at losing one of the most important people from your life.
Sympathy Messages for Loss of Grandmother
It was so sad to hear of your grandmothers passing. She was a lovely woman and will be deeply missed. My condolences for your loss
Sending my sincerest condolences for your untimely loss. Your grandmother was such a fantastic lady and I know how close you were. I’m so sorry for your loss
I know you had a really special bond with your grandma so this must be so difficult for you. I hope you can take comfort in friends and family and find strength from those loved ones. My deepest sympathy for your loss
I was fortunate enough to meet your grandmother and could tell how proud of you she was. I can’t know how terrible this is for you but you will be in my thoughts and prayers
Even though your granny has passed her memories will live on with you. Try to hold onto those during this difficult time. My condolences
Any time you lose someone as special as your grandmother it is a tragedy. I can only offer my support and hope you get through this
Your grandmother was a woman we could all look up to. Her kindness, strength and integrity are just a few of the tunings we can learn and hope to emulate. Please accept my sympathy for your loss
If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask. I know you and your grandmother were very close so this must be extraordinarily hard for you. I can be there for support or just to talk if you need me
Sending all my love and wishing you the strength needed to get through such tough times. Your grandmother was a wonderful lady. She will be sorely missed by so many. I am so sorry for your terrible loss
You and your whole family will be in my thoughts. Your grandmother meant the world to so many people and her loss will be felt by them all. It’s such awful news. My condolences
Please remember you’re not alone. We will be here for you as you mourn and grieve, and we will do all we can to help you get through it. Your grandmother was a special, lovely lady – never forget her
May your faith and the love of God offer comfort and solace from the grief you’re feeling. He will help you find peace.
I can offer nothing but these few words to hopefully comfort you and to be there as a friend. Whatever it is you need I’ll make it my duty to help
I can’t pretend to understand what you’re feeling but I can be a good shoulder to cry on or someone to listen. I’m sending my love and condolences to you and your family
The word sorry seems so meaningless at a time like this. But I hope you know how many people are thinking of you right now.
My most heartfelt condolences for the loss of your beloved grandmother. She will be remembered for all the right reasons. My deepest sympathy
I’m sending my love as you cope with a tragic loss. You are always welcome to get in touch if there’s anything you need or you think it might help. All my love and sympathy
Try to remember the good times and how amazing your grandmother was. She would want you to carry you and be strong
All my sympathies for the loss of your wonderful grandma. She was as loving as she was funny and I feel lucky to have known her. She will never be forgotten
Grandma’s didn’t come any better than yours. She was amazing and her loss will leave a huge hole in so many lives
We were so terribly shocked to learn of your grandmothers passing and so saddened by it. Her loss will be felt by many and we’ve lost a great woman. I’m sending you all my love and hope you’re coping ok
There’s no one like our grandma’s. They’re just so special. I’m deeply sorry to hear of your loss and send all my love for you to get through this. My sympathies
Just a quick note to say how sorry I am for your loss and that I’m thinking of you. I’m here if I’m needed
Short Condolence Messages for Loss of a Grandmother
- Your grandmother was a truly special lady who we will all miss
- You are in my thoughts and prayers
- She was a one in a million and can never be replaced
- I can only say how sorry I am for the loss of your dear grandma
- I am here for you if you need me. Don’t hesitate to ask for anything
- My heartfelt condolences for the passing of your grandmother
- She will always be in your heart and watching over you
- She led a truly astonishing life and one we can all be inspired by
- We were deeply distressed by hearing of your loss. We are here if you need us
- My most sincere and heartfelt condolences for the passing of a great woman – your grandmother
Loss of Grandmother Quotes
- “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete” – Marcy DeMaree
- “Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever” – Anonymous
- “There’s no place like home – except Grandma’s” – Unknown
- “Parent-child relationships are complex. Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love” – Janet Lanese
- “Grandmothers and roses are much the same. Each is a God’s masterpiece with different names” – Unknown
- “There are grandmothers out there who would move heaven and earth for their grandchildren” Janice Elliott-Howard
- “A garden of love grows in a Grandmother’s heart” – Unknown
- “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother” – Italian Proverb
- “A grandmother is a remarkable woman. She’s a wonderful combination of warmth and kindness, laughter and love” – Unknown
- “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes” – Barbara Cage
The loss of a grandmother is tragic for both individuals and the whole family. Hopefully you will have found ways to offer your condolences to those grieving for their granny with these sample messages. Or the touching quotes will have given you some comfort in your time of grief.