Granddaughters are one of the greatest joys in their grandparents lives. Very little can bring such happiness as playing with and seeing your granddaughter.
So losing one is beyond devastating. Not just for the grandparents but even more so for the parents and siblings left behind.
If you know someone who has sadly lost their granddaughter then you may be considering offering your condolences.
But what is the right thing to say to someone who has lost their granddaughter? It can be difficult finding the correct words of sympathy in such an awful moment.
Saying sorry for your loss is important but it must be done with the proper respect.
If you’re struggling with what to say then try these example condolences messages for a granddaughters death.
Short Sympathy Messages for Loss of Granddaughter
- My most heartfelt condolences for your loss
- I am dreadfully sorry to hear of your granddaughter’s passing
- You are in my thoughts during such a terrible time of loss
- My deepest condolences for your granddaughters passing
- I can be there for you if you need someone. My sympathy for your loss
- Please accept my sympathies for your loss
- Your granddaughter was a wonderful girl and will be remembered so fondly
- It was absolutely awful to hear of your granddaughters death. You are in my thoughts and prayers
- My most sincere condolences for your loss. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need to talk
- I can be there if you need somebody. It doesn’t matter when or where, I’ll always be available for you
- I’m incredibly sorry for your loss. Your granddaughter has been taken far too soon
- Your granddaughters memory will never leave you. Hold on to those wonderful memories you have
- I’m deeply sorry, my heart aches for you
- I just wanted to send this note to let you know I’m thinking of you as you go through such a difficult time
- We want to express our sympathy for such a tragic loss. We will be thinking and praying for you
- My condolences for the loss of your beloved granddaughter
- I can’t begin to understand how tough this must be. But I wanted to offer my support and condolences
Words of Sympathy for Loss of Cousin
- I was utterly devastated to hear of your granddaughters passing. You are in my prayers and my thoughts as you grieve her loss
- My most sincere condolences for the loss of your granddaughter. Sending loving thoughts and sympathy your way and hoping you can find some peace
- I just wanted to reach out and send a message to let you know I’m thinking of you after such a tragedy. I hope you’re feeling ok and if you need to talk you know I’ll always be there for you
- I’m terribly sorry to hear of your granddaughters awful passing. I saw how close you were to her. My condolences for your loss
- We were so shocked to learn of your loss. We can’t offer much but wanted to send our sympathy and make sure you know your friends are here fir and thinking of you
- I understand how tough it must be after losing someone so special to you and so if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. My condolences
- My deepest condolences for your loss. To lose someone so young is always a tragedy and your granddaughter was the sweetest girl in the world. Please know I’m always thinking of you
- I hope you can find strength from family and friends around you, and that they will help you through such a difficult time. My sincerest condolences
- My condolences for a loss so tragic. Words can’t describe how shocking it is to lose someone so beautiful. You are in my thoughts and prayers
- May the cherished memories you have of your granddaughter provide some comfort in the coming days and weeks. She will never be forgotten. My condolences
- Always remember the treasured memories and time you spent with your granddaughter. All my condolences and love
- Whatever you need I can be there to help. After such an awful loss let friends and family be there to support you through the grief
- My deepest and heartfelt condolences for a truly terrible loss. I hope you’re doing ok. Please know I’m here and just a phone call away if they’re anything you need
- Your granddaughter was a really special woman and shall be greatly missed by so many. Please accept my condolences for her passing
- To lose someone so special is such a shock but your family and your friend will be there for you. My heart aches for your loss
- Your granddaughter was a really great person and the huge hole they leave behind in so many lives can’t be understated. My sympathy for your loss
- I can’t come close to understanding how hard this must be for you, and my words can do little to ease your pain, but I still wanted to reach out to say I will be thinking of you
- My prayers are for you to find some comfort after what must be a heartbreaking loss. Please accept my deepest and most sincere condolences
- My thoughts are with you and your entire family. To lose someone so important is unfair and cruel. You have my sympathy
- Please remember you aren’t alone as you go through this. All your friends, including me, will be there
- May your granddaughters beautiful smile and kind spirit be something to hold on to and bring some warmth amongst such pain. My condolences
- I hope that the memories of your granddaughter can provide you some comfort in the coming days. May her memory never be forgotten, and may she rest in peace
- Try to stay strong and remember how special your granddaughter was. Her life and all she accomplished should never be forgotten
- When we lose someone so special from our lives it creates a void that can never be filled. I hope you can find comfort and support on those close to you and they help you navigate the grief. My condolences
- May the wonderful thoughts and memories of your beautiful granddaughter bring some light to the darkness her loss has caused. You have us, your friends, to help you get through this
- I will never be able to understand how difficult this is for you but I will do all I can to share the pain you’re going through. You have my deepest condolences
We hope these sympathy messages will have helped with showing your sadness and condolences for someone that has lost their granddaughter.
It can be tricky to find the perfect words to express the way you feel and show your support and sympathy for those who have suffered a loss. Try to be genuine, speak from your heart and whatever you say will be appreciated by those going through the pain of grief.