When a head of state dies the entire country goes into mourning. Kings and Queens are often beloved by their people and so losing one can cause real grief amongst the population.
Usually a few days of mourning are announced to allow people to grieve and pay their respects. That gives them a chance to reflect on the importance of whoever it is that has passed away.
It’s also the time you may be thinking about what you say as a condolence message for the loss of a King or Queen? Or what do you say as a way of remembering a passed monarch?
If you’re struggling to find the right words then the sympathy messages below for the loss of a King or Queen are perfect for signing a condolence book, putting in a sympathy card or sharing on social media.
Sympathy Messages for Loss of a Queen
- Thank you for your service. The whole nation will miss you and our country mourns the loss of someone so special. May you rest in peace
- Sincere condolences to the royal family on your loss. May your service be a legacy that last forever. Rest in peace
- It is with a deep sorrow and sadness we pay tribute to _____. Please accept our most heartfelt condolences and prayed for a tragic loss
- I pay tribute to a life dedicated to the service of her country. My deepest sympathy to our Royal family and the King
- I was so sad to hear of the passing of Queen ______. My heartfelt condolences to the entire Royal Family. She will be dearly missed
- Sending our sincerest condolences on the passing of _____. She was respected by everyone around the world and her dignity and grace were unmatched. May she rest in peace
- The nation will profoundly miss your unwavering service and dignified presence. May God provide strength to the Royal Family during this difficult time
- You were a loyal servant to the crown and a wonderful mother and wife. Rest in peace
- My deepest sympathy to the entire Royal Family and on the loss of your beloved wife, mother and grandmother. We thank you for your unwavering devotion to our country and may her majesty rest in peace
- God bless you. The way you served your country made us all so proud and we are devastated you are gone. Our condolences to your whole family. RIP
- I shed a tear over the passing of the Queen and I’m not ashamed to admit it. She has been a rock for this nation and epitomised everything good about it. I send my condolences to the Royal family and share in their grief
- A life devoted to the country, she will leave a hole that we will never be able to fill. Condolences to her whole family
- The Queen was a remarkable woman who served her country like no other. That unwavering duty and dedication is truly something to be proud of. I will be praying for her family during this difficult time
- The Queen has left a legacy that cannot be matched. It will live on long after her and will always be remembered. She will be greatly missed by her family but also her people
- God bless the Queen. Through thick and thin you served this country like no other has. We are all in your debt for everting you have done. My deepest sympathy goes out to your family and especially your children for a terrible loss
- Rest in peace your majesty. You have earned it after years of unfailing service. The country owes you a huge debt of gratitude and it will miss your calm presence
- May you rest in peace your majesty. Your inspiration will love on for years and years after your passing. That is a legacy to be proud of. My thoughts are with your family at this time
Condolence Messages for Loss of a King
- Sincere condolences to the Queen and all the family. The King was someone who exemplifies selfless service to his country and his loss will be felt by so many. He will be deeply missed
- Thank you for your devoted service and never ending work. You have been a shining beacon to all and the country salutes you. The nation will miss you but treasure all you did
- I was so deeply saddened by the loss of our King. I extend my condolences to the Royal Family and especially the a queen during this extremely difficult period
- You were a truly great man and we have lost someone so special to our nation. You will love forever be in our hearts and never be forgotten for all you did. Rest in peace
- He served his people with pride and honor. For that he will be greatly missed. May he rest in peace
- Our condolences go out to the Queen and her children. We have lost a wonderful man who inspired so many and will be missed dearly
- You have done your country proud and served with distinction and selflessness. Condolences to the Royal family at this sad time
- We have lost a pillar of our national life, and I am filled with a deep sadness. Our King provided us the reassurance and stability that we needed. He will be remembered as a truly great man. My condolences to the Queen and her family
- The passing of our King leaves a void that will be so hard to fill. He achieved so much and set an example to so many in national pride and service to one’s country. May the Queen am find comfort in her family at this tragic time
- Sending my condolences for the loss of a wonderful man and my thanks for the years of devoted service. I shall be thinking of the Royal family at such a sad time
- We want to convey our sorrow and condolences for the passing of his Majesty. He was a hero, and one who led by example at all times. May he rest in peace
- Incredibly sad news to learn of the death of our King ______. He was a loving and devoted husband and father as well as a loyal servant to the crown. My most heartfelt condolences for a tragic loss
The death of royalty can be shocking and cause real grief. We all react differently but if you are moved by a King or Queens death then finding some words to express your sorrow is important.
Hopefully the sympathy messages found here will have helped you to offer your condolences and pay tribute to their life with respect.