The loss of a cat is horrific. The animals we bring into our lives become part of the family and are loved just as much. So the loss of a pet, specifically the loss of a cat is truly heartbreaking.
Cats might not come across as the most loving pet. They are probably better know for being a bit aloof. But that doesn’t tell the whole story.
Using their feline charms they worm their way into their owners hearts. That perceived aloofness is all part of their amazing character.
And whilst they may not have the loyalty of a dog they are just as affectionate and loving. You only have to look at the popularity of cat videos online to see how much people love cats.
So losing a cat is just as devastating as any other loss.
One way we like to commemorate our departed kitty is with cat loss quotes.
Below you will find a range of cat loss quotes and images. We hope they will help you find comfort if you’ve lost and are missing your cat. Or they will let you offer sympathy to someone who has lost their kitty.
Loss of Cat Quotes and Images
“No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch” – Leo Dworken
“What greater gift than the love of a cat” – Charles Dickens
“The loss of a cat is immeasurable. But so is the love that is left behind” – Unknown
“Some angels don’t have wings, sometimes they have whiskers” – Unknown
“Heaven will not ever Heaven be, unless my cats are there to welcome me” – Unknown
“When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight” – Khalil Gibran
“Time spent with a cat is never wasted” – Sigmund Freud
“To anyone who has ever been owned by a cat, it will come as no surprise that there are all sorts of things about your cat you will never, as long as you live, forget. Not the least of these is your first sight of him or her” – Cleveland Amory
“It is impossible for a lover of cats to banish these alert, gentle, and discriminating friends, who give us just enough of their regard and complaisance to make us hunger for more” – Agnes Repplier
“No one can truly understand the bond that we form with the cats we love until they experience the loss of one” – Unknown
“Your favorite chair is empty now, where you would lie and sleep. But the memory of our happy times is mine to always keep” – Unknown
“If you have a cat, you will most likely outlive it. To get a cat is to open yourself up to profound joy and prospectively, to equally profound sadness” – Unknown
“The memories and paw print of a beloved cat remains in our hearts and soul forever” – Unknown
“The difference between friends and pets is that friends we allow into our company, pets we allow into our solitude” – Robert Brault
“To make heaven the perfect resting place for the loved ones we adore, God made sure those Pearly Gates contained a kitty door” – Unknown
Cat Sympathy Quotes
You may want to offer you sympathy to someone who lost their cat. Saying you’re sorry after the death of a pet is a kind gesture. Use these sympathy messages to find the perfect words to show how much you care and are thinking of those who are coping after their beloved kittie passed away.
“The people who say “it’s just a cat” do not understand.” – Unknown
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened” – Anatole France
“A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings, for one reason or another, may hide their feelings, but a cat does not” – Ernest Hemingway
“A home without a cat — and a well fed, well petted and properly revered cat — may be a home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?” – Mark Twain
“One day all of the cats we ever loved will come running towards us and that day will be a good day” – Unknown
- “A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered” – Lacie Petitt
- “There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats” – Albert Schweitzer
- “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose”. Garrison Keillor
- “I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through” – Jules Verne
- “When the cat you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure” – Unknown
- “The smallest feline is a masterpiece” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Grief is so painfully real, regardless of its origin. The love of, and attachment to, an animal friend can equal that of human relationships. Likewise, the loss of an animal can be just as devastating” – Pastor Joel Morgan
- “I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It’s not. Mine had me trained in two days” – Bill Dana
- “It’s funny how…cats know the inside of folks better than other folks do, isn’t it?” – Eleanor H. Porter
- “How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard” – Winnie the Pooh
- “I would like to see anyone, prophet, king or God, convince a thousand cats to do the same thing at the same time” – Neil Geiman
Condolences for the loss of Cat
These condolences messages have been written with the mourning cat owner in mind. You can send them on a note with a gift, as a sympathy card or even share them on something like Facebook to show your support.
Whichever way you choose be sure to offer your comfort and support as they go through such a difficult period.
- You have my deepest condolences for your terrible loss. You will be in my thoughts
- I know how close to your adorable cat you were and so this must be so incredibly hard for you. If there is anything I can do then please just ask
- Cats are taken from us too soon, and all we can hope is that we looked after them to our fullest and gave them as much love as possible. I can be certain you did. My sympathy for your loss
- I will miss ______’s soft purr and inquisitive nature. She/he will never be forgotten though and those happy memories will last forever. Sending my love and support during this terrible time
- All your friends and family are by your side and will be there for support. After such an awful loss take all the time you need to get through it
- My deepest condolences for such a heartbreaking loss. ______ was such a character and will will miss him/her so much. If you need to talk we are always here for you
- Take the love and comfort of friends and family to give you strength. They and we will be there for you through this testing time. My sincerest sympathy
- The amazing times and memories you made with ______ will be with you, always. They will never be lost. Remember those during the hardest moments. All my love
- You are not alone. We can and will be there to help as you get through this. Our door is always open and we can always be a shoulder to cry on. Our condolences
- My hope is you face better days in the future and find a way to look back on ______’s life with the joy he/she brought you. My sympathy
Why Cat Loss Quotes are Important
A cat loss quote is a simple few words or sentences that succinctly says how much we missing our cats and the pain losing them has caused. They may also help to offer sympathy and condolences to those who have lost their beloved kitty.
They sometimes come as a cat loss image, with the quote alongside a touching picture of a cat (maybe the one who has sadly passed away)
Quotes about the loss of a cat can be beneficial in helping us to say goodbye and find the words to express that grief.
They can also help us find the words to say sorry for the loss of your cat to those who’s felines have passed on.
If you want some more ways to send your support and offer comfort to those grieving a lost pet try our pet loss quotes and poems.
Sally Collins is a writer and the founder and owner of Sympathy Message Ideas. Her passion is to help others deal with grief and provide assistance with talking to those grieving. Learn more about Sally.
My baby, Victor. died unexpectantly yesterday and I am crushed. There’s a hole in my heart the Titanic could pass through.
I completely understand! I lost my cat, Kai, Feb 3rd and am totally heart broken. He was only 4 years old and we had to put him down because he got so sick so unexpectedly. We still have his twin brother JC but its not the same.
I’m sorry for your loss, my cat died last year and I’m still sad about it
My dear Masha died today and I cannot bear the pain that she left me. I’m really broken
My Best Friend passed away today.
My heart is literally breaking inside of my chest
My mind is just grasping at nothing, because
nothing can change this.
My home is now so quiet, my tears take the place
of the comfort you gave me so freely. A smile comes
when I see your memory coming towards me telling
me about your day.
I love you dearly my ‘B’ kitty
My dear kind, gentle, and loving Chico crossed the rainbow bridge while I held him in my arms 5/23/22. A piece of my heart died with him… love him forever and always until we meet each other again.
My cat was only 5 months old.she died because of viral infection.everyone tried alot but the world is not fair. She has so many life to enjoy. I still have toys for her in my cart. I had so many plans for her. i wanted to give all the happiness she deserved. But i couldn’t. She was a very happy cat.she was into jumping and all. Very energetic. I miss her everyday.
I am currently on a vacation right now and i just received a text message from my nephew this morning that my cat Simon died. He was mauled by our neighbor’s dog. I felt like so empty right now…