When you lose a father it is a pain like almost nothing else. Something that can compare though is the loss of a stepfather.
A stepfather may not be a direct relation but that doesn’t stop the real bonds that form with them.
So when one passes away it is understandably a period of grief and pain for the family and friends affected.
If you know of someone who has lost their stepfather then you are going to want to send or offer your condolences.
But knowing what to write or to say in a sympathy message is hard. You want to offer your condolences for losing someone so special to them whilst remaining respectful. Your words should be genuine and heartfelt.
So if you’re having trouble with finding the right thing to say then try these condolence messages for a stepfathers death.
Short Sympathy Messages for Loss of Stepfather
- My condolences for your loss
- I am dreadfully sorry to learn of your step fathers passing
- I will be thinking of and wishing you peace during this tragic time
- My sympathy for the loss of your stepfather
- If there is anything you need then I am here for you
- Sending my sincere sympathy for your terrible loss
- We will always remember your stepfather
- It was so awful to hear of your stepfathers passing. You will be in our prayers and our thoughts
- My heartfelt condolences for your loss. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if there’s anything I can do
- Whether you need someone to listen or talk to I can be there
- I’m really sorry for your loss. Your stepfather was a wonderful person
- The memory of your stepfather will always be in your heart. May he rest in peace
- My thoughts are with you and hope you are coping. I’m so sorry
- I just wanted to send a note to say I hope you’re doing ok and that I’m thinking of you
- We wanted to express our condolences for your loss. We are all here for you
- My deepest condolences for the loss of your stepfather
- I will never be able to understand what you’re going through but I can be there with love and support when you need it most
Words of Sympathy for Loss of Stepfather
- I was terribly sorry to hear of your stepfathers passing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days and weeks
- My sympathy for the loss of your stepfather. Sending warm and loving condolences to you and your family
- I wanted to send this note after learning of your loss to let you know just how sorry I am. I hope you’re getting by and have the support you need
- I am deeply sorry to hear of your stepfathers passing. I could see how close you were and had built such a strong relationship. You have my sympathy and condolences for your loss
- We were so shocked and saddened to learn of your loss. It’s so awful and your stepfather will be missed greatly. We hope you are coping and finding support amongst family and friends
- Losing someone so important is such a shock and if there is anything that you need, be it help with the funeral or just someone to talk to then please don’t think twice about getting in touch. All my love
- My deepest condolences for your loss. To lose such a loved member of the family is heartbreaking. May your stepfather rest in peace
- I hope during such a tough time your friends and family are by your side to help you through the worst of it. My warmest condolences
- My Sympathy for your heart wrenching loss. You are in my thoughts and I will pray for you to find some peace
- May the good times you and your stepfather had provide some peace and comfort as you mourn their passing. My condolences
- Always remember the wonderful memories you made with your stepdad. May they sustain you through the hardest moments. My sympathy and love after your loss
- Try to stay as strong as you can and hold on to the good memories you have. If you need me then I can be there for you
- My sincerest condolences for such a painful loss. I am praying you are getting by and want to make it clear that I’m only a phone call away if you needed me
- I was lucky to know your stepfather and what a great guy he was. He will be missed greatly. Sending my sympathy and thoughts
- My heart aches for you after losing someone so important from your life. I don’t know how much it will help but I know your friends and family will be there to rally round you and help you get through the grief
- Your stepdad was a really brilliant man and he leaves behind such a wonderful legacy. My condolences
- I understand my words will offer very little to help your grief but I am here and thinking of you as you mourn your stepfathers death
- My prayers will be for you and the hope you will find some peace. Please accept my condolences for a truly sad loss
- I am thinking of you and your family as you go through the pain of losing your stepfather. I hope you are finding the strength to get by
- If you need a friend to talk to or shoulder to cry on then please turn to me. I can always be there for you, don’t hesitate to reach out
- May your stepdads memory and legacy last forever. His warmth and kindness will never be forgotten
- May the memories you and your stepfather made sustain you through the pain of his loss, and his spirit never leave you. My condolences and love
- I know your stepdad will be looking down from heaven and watching over you. He will always be with you. All my love
- When we lose someone truly special from our lives it is utterly heartbreaking. But you must turn to friends and family to help you through these incredibly hard times. Please remember we are all here for you
- May your stepfathers memory continue to bring you some relief even after he has gone. He was so proud of you
- I don’t think I can hope to understand how hard this must be but I will do all I can to be there and support you however you need me to. You gave my deepest and most sincere condolences for the loss of your stepfather
Hopefully these messages of sympathy for the loss of a stepfather will have given you some ideas of what to say to someone who has experienced a bereavement.
It can be tough to find the right words to express your sympathy. But if you make sure you believe what you say and are honest, talking from your heart, then those mourning their passed loved one will appreciate you kindness and knowing they are not alone.