When we lose someone close or important to us we can often feel alone. That’s why friends and family reaching out to say they’re thinking of you can be such a help. Thoughtful thinking of you quotes or messages are so welcomed during these tough moments.
To know people are there thinking of you at a difficult time is vital to getting through it. That support and the knowledge you don’t have to face the pain after a loss by yourself makes it easier.
That loss could be a bereavement, a relationship that’s ended, a friend or close one moving away. Even something like facing an illness. Anything that causes fear, feeling sad and lonely.
So if you know someone dealing with a loss let them know you’re thinking of them with these quotes and messages.
They will appreciate you offering some words of comfort and thinking of them during a difficult time, as well as feeling less alone in their grief.
Thinking of You Quotes
There have been many famous quotes and sayings about keeping someone in your thoughts. These are just a few of our favourites. They reflect the need for having people there for you at your most testing times.
- “Somewhere someone is thinking of you. Someone is calling you an angel. This person is using celestial colors to paint your image. Someone is making you into a vision so beautiful that it can only live in the mind” – Henry Rollins
- “Just thought I’d let you know I’ve been thinking of you. So I thought I’d brighten up your day and bring a smile to you, praying God will touch your life in a more meaningful way and that you’ll feel the warmth of God, today and every day” – M.S. Lowndes
- “May brooks and trees and singing hills join in the chorus too, and every gentle wind that blows send happiness to you” – Irish Blessing
- “I just hugged you in my thoughts.. hope you felt the squeeze” – Unknown
- “Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always join you for a walk in the rain” – Unknown
- “You’ve got a friend in me” – Toy Story
- “We are in each other’s life for a reason. Thank you for showing up” – David Avocado Wolfe
Thinking of You Messages
Send these messages to those who need your support the most. Let them know you’re thinking of them and are there if they require you. Give a friend the boost they need with your comforting words.
- Just checking in on you and letting you know you’re in my thoughts
- Thinking of you. When skies seem dark and times get tough, and you don’t know what to do, just know you have a friend right here to support and help you through
- I just wanted you to know you’re in my thoughts. Stay strong
- I’m thinking of only you at the moment and wishing I could do more to help. If you need me I’m right here for you
- Sending hugs and best wishes your way. You will be in my thoughts
- I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you at this difficult time. And if there’s anything you need I can be there for you, so don’t hesitate to let me know. Sending you all the love and hugs in the world
- I know how difficult things have been for you recently and I’ve been thinking of you a lot. Please know I’m always here for you
- You will begin my thoughts as you go through such trying times. I know you’ll come through stronger though
- This is a hug from me to you, to let you know I am thinking of you. And although I have nothing to say, you know I have thought of you today
- My thoughts are with you, no matter what
- Sending you all my love and comfort now and always
- I hope that knowing I’m thinking of you can provide some strength to get through such difficult times
- I’m wondering how you are today. Hope things are going fine, thought that I would say hello cause you are on my mind
- I’m holding you close in my thoughts and prayers
After a Loss
These messages are for offering comfort to those who have suffered a loss. After losing someone more than ever you need people around them. Be one of those people and reach out to let whoever it know how much they are in your thoughts and how you can be there for them.
- I was so sorry to hear of your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers
- I know nothing I can say will take away the pain but I’m thinking of and care about you so much
- I hope you can find some comfort in the people around you. That includes me. I’m here if you need me and regardless you will be in my thoughts
- Please don’t hesitate to ask for help or just a friend to listen. I know how hard this must be and I’ll be thinking of you
- You and your family are in my thoughts as you cope with such a terrible loss
- I can’t stop thinking about you and the truly difficult time you’re going through. I just wish there was more I could do to help. Please stay strong
- In times like this you are always on mind. I hope you can find solace and comfort in the loved ones who surround you
- Try to take it one day at a time and remember that you have so much love for you from friends and family. I’ll be thinking if you
- My thoughts and prayers go out to you at this devastating moment. You have my deepest sympathy
- Remember we are here for you. No matter what. You will be in our thoughts. All our love
For a Friend
If you’re friend is in need of someone – to listen, to talk to, just to be there – then you should let them know you can be. By telling them they’re in your thoughts you make it known you understand they’re pain and can offer your support if they want it.
- When you’re feeling down a friend can pick you up. I’m that friend and I’m thinking of you and how you’re doing. Get in touch if you need me for anything
- If you need me, I’m here. If you don’t, I’m still here
- Today you’ve been on my mind so I thought I’d get I touch. I’m praying that all is going well for we haven’t seen you much. I know our lives can get so busy with all that we must do, but I wanted to take this time to say I’m thinking of you too
- When skies seem dark and times get tough, and you don’t know what to do, just know you have a friend right here to support and help you through
- Friends look out for one another, friends are there for one another and friends are always thinking of one another
- I can be there for you, whatever you need. You know I’m only a phone call away and always thinking of you
- You’ve been through so much I can’t begin to fully understand, but you are forever in my thoughts and I think of how you’re doing constantly. You’re a true friend I’ll always be there for you
- I love you and am missing you. Not a day goes by when I don’t wonder how you’re doing
- We are best of friends and because of that you are always there, in my thoughts, never too far from my mind. Big hugs and love you!
- Sending so many warm wishes and huge hugs to my bestie! You know I’m always thinking about you
If a family member is having a hard time then you should make the effort to show you care and are thinking of them.
- Mom, I’m so sorry things are hard right now. I’m thinking of you though and can be there if/when you need me to
- We are family and so I’m always here for you. Whatever it is, don’t hesitate to ask. You will be in my thoughts
- I’m sending my best thoughts and wishes to you and the whole family. We’ll get through this, I know
- You’ve always been there for me, and now I’ll always be there for you
- I’m so lucky to have you in the family. Thinking of you during these awful times
- I haven’t see you in so long! I miss my big sis and think about you all the time!
- Missing you mom and dad. Not a day goes by when I don’t think of you both, you mean sonics to me
You should always try to reach out to someone when they’ve experienced loss or heartbreak. It’s not just something we feel we should do, but it genuinely makes a difference to the person receiving your support.
The small effort you make to get in touch with them can be far more beneficial than you realise.
When times are hard having contact with the important people in your life – friends and family – can make coping that bit easier.
So hopefully the thinking of you quotes and messages here will have inspired you to tell that person you’re there for them and offer the comfort they need.