The passing away of anyone close to us always seems too soon. There really isn’t a good time to lose a loved one. And the pain and grief we feel from the loss is something we have to try and come to terms with.
But when someone is taken from us too soon it can be near impossible to deal with the heartache we experience. We search out ways to cope, and to know that we aren’t alone in what we’re going through.
These gone too soon quotes and rest in peace messages will hopefully help you to find some comfort and solace from the pain of losing a loved one.
Short Gone too Soon Quotes
- Gone but not forgotten
- Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you
- Goodbye my darling, you were taken too soon
- Gone too soon but we loved you enough for a lifetime
- You are my first thought every morning and last thought every night
- I was never ready for you to leave
- Gone too soon to become an angel
- Goodbyes hurt the most when the story was not finished
- You are missed every hour of every day
- Your wings were ready, but my heart was not
- Not a day goes by when you are not loved and missed
- A beautiful soul is never forgotten
- Gone far too soon but the memory of you will always be in our hearts
- Gone too soon but always in our hearts
Gone too Soon RIP Quotes
These quotes are a good way of saying rest in peace to a loved one that has been taken far too soon.
- Nothing can ever take away a love the heart holds dear. Rest in peace
- Too well loved to ever be forgotten. RIP
- It’s hard to forget someone who gave me so much to remember
- You have left my life but you will never leave my heart. Rest in peace
- Those that touch our lives stay in our hearts forever
- Gone from my life forever, but never gone from my heart
- Your love will light our way. Your memory will forever be with us
- Goodbye is not forever, goodbye are not the end. They simply mean I’ll miss you, until we meet again
- Like a shooting star, flying across the room, so fast, so far, gone too soon
- No farewell words were spoken, there was no time to say goodbye. You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why
- To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die
- Till memory fades and life departs, you live forever in our hearts
- Loved with a love beyond telling. Missed with a grief beyond all tears.
Sudden Death Gone too Soon Quotes
Losing someone is hard enough but when it comes suddenly and unexpectedly it can even tougher. These quotes can hopefully express your heartache at the sudden death of a loved one.
- One day you were here, the next you were gone. I miss you more than words can say
- The hardest part of an unexpected death is not having the opportunity to say goodbye
- I am so sad that you have passed away so suddenly. You were always there for me and I will never forget you and will always love you so much. Until we meet again, rest in peace my love
- You passed away so suddenly without any of us expecting it. I would never imagine that I would lose you so young and so soon. I love you so much and my life will never be the same without you
- I miss your smile, laugh, love, joy, and kind spirit more than words can express. Rip my love
- All the planning in the world cannot prepare those left behind at an unexpected death
- We will always love you and the shock will never pass. Rest in peace
- You were taken without any expectation and your loss will be felt so deeply. We miss you so much
- Your sudden passing was almost too much to bare. I will never forget you
- It breaks my heart that you were taken so unexpectedly. Your memory will never leave us and live long in our hearts
- Death is sad enough when anticipated, but even worse when unexpected
- Your passing would always be unbearable, but being so sudden was even worse
Loss of Son or Daughter Gone too Soon Quotes
When you lose a child it is a feeling of almost unimaginable pain and grief. Nothing can describe it. And whilst there is also nothing that can ease the pain hopefully the quotes below will show you’re thinking of the family and their terrible loss.
- Forever in my heart, my beautiful baby girl
- Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we will hold in our hearts forever
- Go to God Little Angel
- There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world
- Those we love don’t go away. They walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near. Still loved, still missed and forever dear
- You were my world, my reason for being. My heart aches every day you’re not with me. Rest in peace baby
- To one of Gods greatest miracles, rest in peace angel
- You weren’t with us for nearly long enough but the impact you had will never be forgotten
- You will live with us in memory for evermore
- You touched my heart in a way I never thought was possible. I am
Bereft without and my world will never be the same. I love you sweet child
RIP Messages for Friend
Use these messages to say rest in peace and goodbye to a friend who has passed away.
- Whoever said death was the hard part was wrong. Letting go and realizing I will never see, feel and hear you again is even harder. RIP
- I can’t imagine how life goes on without you. I was blessed to have known you. Rest in peace my friend
- Always in my heart and never forgotten
- To my best friend – I hope you’ve found some peace. I will always miss you
- Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure
- Your passing was the hardest thing I’ve ever been through. Not a day goes by without missing you. Rest in peace
- Yours was a life life that touched others and goes on forever. So deeply missed. RIP
- You were an unforgettable part of my life. Rest well
- Our friendship can never truly die because I will keep its flame alive. Rest in peace
- Forever you will be with me. Until we meet again
- In memory of a special person and wonderful friend
Sally Collins is a writer and the founder and owner of Sympathy Message Ideas. Her passion is to help others deal with grief and provide assistance with talking to those grieving. Learn more about Sally.